Judge rejects restraining order for Fishburne
FILE - In this Feb. 17, 2012 file photo, Laurence Fishburne poses backstage at the 43rd NAACP Image Awards in Los Angeles. A Los Angeles judge on Wednesday Jan. 23, 2013 refused to grant Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who has tried to evict him from his house. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles, File)
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - A judge has refused to grant Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson said Wednesday she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history, and she did not think his conduct warranted a restraining order.
The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but Goodson said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension.
Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, allegedly went to the actor's home on Jan. 1 and threatened to evict the family.
Fishburne's attorney Donald Etra said Wednesday that Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.
latest entertainment gallery
We compiled some of the hottest beach bodies of 2013. Find out which celebrities made the cut.
Date 13-12-06, Duration 1:25, Views 212512