"The Cosby Show" star admitted to an affair with a woman named Shawn Upshaw in the 1970s and paid her $100,000 after she delivered a baby girl named Autumn Jackson. When she threatened to go to the tabloids if Cosby didn't give her $40 million in 1997, the famous comedian refused and took the case to trial, where he offered to take a DNA test. Paternity was never proven because Jackson refused to submit a blood sample and was later sentenced to 26 months in prison for extortion.
More of the latest Entertainment news:
- Heather Locklear and Jack Wagner call off their engagement
- Last Night on TV: DWTS finalists revealed, Glee's 300th song and more
- Kris Humphries 'will sign divorce papers': Source
- Jennifer Lopez 'relationship with Casper Smart purely physical'
- Photos from the "Breaking Dawn" Los Angeles premiere