Contest Rules and Regulations: Katy Perry Live
No purchase necessary. Residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry may enter, except employees of EMI Music Canada ("Sponsor") and of Microsoft Canada Inc. ("Microsoft", the contest administrator) and their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and other representatives and the immediate family of such employees and persons with whom such employees are domiciled. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
1. The contest will run from 12:00 am EST, Wednesday, April 20th, 2011 to 11:59 pm EST Monday, May 16th, 2011
2. To enter, go to http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/contest/katy.aspx and click the "Click Here To Enter" button which will open the contest landing page. Complete all required fields in the contest entry form. In order to be eligible, entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST Monday May 16th 2011. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent.
3. There is one (1) grand prize to be won, consisting of the following (total approximate value $300):
- 2 Tickets to see Katy Perry in concert, at the show occurring in Canada closest to the winner's home.
- Exclusive meet-and-greet with Katy Perry (intangible)
Date and time of prize will depend on winner's location but in any event will occur between June 29 - Jul 19, 2011. Actual prize value may vary depending upon location of the concert.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using the prize (including all transportation expenses to attend the concert) will be the responsibility of the winner. Prize is non-transferrable and must be accepted as awarded; no cash substitutes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or an element thereof) of equal or greater value if stated prize (or any element thereof) becomes unavailable for reasons not related to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize, and Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof.
4. A random draw will be held on 12:00 pm EST, Wednesday May 18th, 2011 from all valid entries received for the prize. The draw will be held at Microsoft located at 222 Bay St., Suite 1201, PO Box 49, Toronto-Dominion Centre, Toronto, ON M5K 1E7. Chances of winning will depend upon the number of entries received.
5. The winner will be notified by telephone (using the telephone number provided on the selected participant's entry form) within three (3) days of the draw. Prior to being declared a winner, the selected participant must correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, an arithmetical, time-limited, skill testing question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
6. If a selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, cannot be reached by telephone within three (3) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his/her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries.
7. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign a release form confirming acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Sponsor and Microsoft and their affiliates from any liability relating to their prize. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use by the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies of winner's name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media (including the internet), without payment or compensation.
Persons (or the parents/legal guardians of any legal minors) travelling as companions of the winner must also complete and return a liability and publicity release before airline tickets or other components of the prize will be awarded.
8. Sponsor and Microsoft are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due or illegible entries; (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to entrants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest
9. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest). If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
12. By entering, all participants agree to abide by these official rules and regulations and decisions of the contest organizers which are final. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
13. All decisions of the contest judges will be final.